Have ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of a multi-six-figure app portfolio sale? This podcast will give you a look at the process that Carter went through to sell his portfolio for $200,000.
Even though that may seem like a lot of money, he actually left a pile of cash on the table. Listen to this episode to find out what he did wrong and how he would go about it differently next time.
Side note: I think you will be amazed at how much his portfolio was making a month before he sold it. I had a guess before I asked him that question, but I was way off!
The most important part of this interview is the part where Carter tells you the three key things that you need to do if you want to start building a portfolio, right now. This is vital and can determine if you get what your portfolio is worth, or if you lose a ton of money on the sale.
Although traditional reskinning is becoming less viable, building a portfolio can still be a very lucrative. Even though the app marketplace is more competitive than when Carter sold his portfolio, he thinks that is actually easier to sell a portfolio nowadays.
Listen to the second half of the interview to find out why. If you have your ducks in a row when it comes time to sell, your planning and organization will be rewarded.
Finally, you may be thinking that an app’s value depends only on monthly cashflow. That is certainly true in a lot of cases. But there are times when monthly income and downloads are only half the story.
A company or investor may be willing to purchase an app, even if it only gets a few hundred downloads a month. Press the play button below to find out why this is.
If you own a few apps like this, you may be sitting on a gold mine and not even know it. Many developers can get discouraged when they don’t get a ton of downloads.
But by shifting your mindset a little, you may see a whole new opportunity.
Here are some other things that you will learn in this podcast…
[sc name=”Position – 1 – Shortcode” ]
In This Episode
- How he spent way too much time and money on his first app
- The one thing that helped him release more apps
- His breakthrough app
- Why he made a emotional decision and not a business decision
- How to value an app portfolio or individual app
- Why he had to warn his bankers
- And more!
Listen to This Episode
Click play to listen to the interview…
- Chartboost – Ad income for mobile apps
- Apptopia – App broker and app store intelligence
- App Business Brokers – Eric Owens
Other Ways to Get the Bluecloud Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review is greatly appreciated)
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via Soundcloud
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
- Click here to hear the other podcast episodes
What do you want to hear about on a future episode? Let us know in the comments below….