This episode dives into how apps make money.
Since you are here, chances are very good that you want to learn how to build a passive income stream with mobile apps. We know this because this is the #1 most searched for topic on our blog.
As you probably know, Carter got his start in apps with reskinning. You probably also know that the app stores are cracking down on low quality reskins.
So is this still a viable way to make money from apps? It certainly is, but you really have to step up your game.
Carter shares how you can still use source code to create apps, but do it in a way that will create great value for the person who downloads your app and make money in the process. As the app stores get more competitive, you will simply need to create a better app, to succeed.
Instead of following the old model of making a ton of different versions of the same source code, you should create one app with that source code and make it the best it can be. Only then, should you consider using that code again.
He gets into exact timelines and metrics on how you will know if you have a successful app on your hands or if you should kill the project and move on to the next one. This is super important because it can be easy to keep pouring time and money into an app that will never be successful.
As the saying goes, you have to know when to hold ’em and when to fold ’em.
There is a ton of great information in this podcast and it is only about 20 minutes long. It is all teaching, zero fluff.
Here are some other things that you will learn…
[sc name=”Position – 1 – Shortcode” ]
In This Episode
- Learn the three ways that apps make money
- How to explode your app income
- The #1 thing that can help your app stand out in the marketplace
- Some of the biggest mistakes he sees in app monetization
- How to keep ads tasteful (and profitable)
- And more!
Listen to This Episode
Click play to listen to the interview…
Other Ways to Get the Bluecloud Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes (if you like it, a five-star review is greatly appreciated)
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe via Soundcloud
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Right-click here and “Save As” to download the MP3
- Click here to hear the other podcast episodes