It's all about the data. More specifically, the trends in Top Free Apps.
This is true for success in any field. For successful app developers and marketers, this means understanding what people are downloading on the app stores.
In this post, you will get some recent data on the top 100 free apps on the App Store and Google Play. If you see something on this infographic that sparks your interest, keep in mind that this is just a jumping off point. Be sure to do more research with tools like Apptopia and talk to experienced app developers inside Bluecloud Select, to see if it really is a good opportunity.
Here are the topics that are covered:
- Which App Categories Top the Free Charts
- Most Popular Categories in Top 100 Free Apps
- Determining Trends Within Specific Google Play and Apple Play Store Apps
- Google Play vs. The Apple App Store: Which States Search for Each Marketplace the Most
- Which State Search for Specific Categories the Most?
How can this help?
For example, let's say that you want to launch a Bible app. The question then becomes: Android or iOS first?
According to the data below, there are way more religious book apps on Google Play than on iOS. So you might want to start researching the App Store first, because there is less competition.
What do you find most interesting on this infographic? Let us know in the comments section…
Thanks to The Mobileys for providing the infographic.